Monday, December 10, 2012

Tis The Season...To give to some less fortunate gamers



 I know it's been awhile but patience, I have some stuff in the works.

Now to business.

I am a member of quite a few forums (Nintendo Age / Sega Age / Sega 16 and so on) and I am constantly stunned by the generosity and acts of good will that I find there. This is not to say no one ever flames, or trolls, but really some people there go above and beyond.  I am in a Secret Santa on one of these forums and I received my gift today, and needless to say I was a bit stunned. I figured everyone was doing a $25ish gift and what I got was thoughtful to begin with and just got ridiculous the further into I went.  I wont share right now what it was, as I have agreed not to until Xmas morning but suffice to say it got me thinking.

I am fortunate, I have a great collection, and in my life in general is better than I expected. Reflecting on the gift I gave it was adequate, meet the requirements and nothing more. I can do better and I should. Rather then send more to the my Secret Santa participant I figured I could open it up to some  classic gamers who are less fortunate. If Xmas is looking bleak, and you collect Nintendo, Sega, or Collectible Toys ( Marvel / DC  /Star Wars Figs) maybe I can help.

So here is the deal, send  me an email or a message telling me your story. It doesn't need to be super long but lay it down for me and say why this year is in need of some cheer.  Also tell me what kind of stuff you are interested in, a want list would be good to include. So it might say, man I really love NES and boy could I use the following... or I love RPGs , I have these but could use anything else...so on, and so forth.

I can't promise how many people I  will send to, depends on the response really, but I will try to send to a few people, can't promise it will be a ton but I will do what I can.

I have a  sweet Dreamcast with all the cords and a game ready to go.

Merry Xmas or Happy Holidays, you decide
~Johnny~

3 comments:

  1. Wow!
    This is very nice of you to do this. I already have a pretty good-sized video game collection, so I don't personally need anything, but I may introduce a couple of other gamers that I know who may be less fortunate than myself to your blog.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please send anyone here. Like I said I can't promise I will pick them but I will def give to as many people as I can

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sir, are a sweetheart. You've already made my day a whole lot brighter, and good luck making someone's xmas!

    ReplyDelete