Friday, January 14, 2011

World 1-1

This blog has been created to catalog my journey as a video game collector. It has also been created to talk about the madness and obsessive compulsive behavior that I feel accompanies collecting. I want this blog to be an honest look into my methods and thought process. I plan on tell you exactly what I spent on each game, how I organize my collection, the lengths I am willing to go to obtain a game, and my goals as a collector. Hopefully each post doesn't come off sounding as melancholy as these first few statement, because he truth is I love video games and I love collecting. I want to be able to share the highs and the lows with everyone willing to read. The last thing I want to be able to show is my latest finds, and how each one moves me one step forward in my current collecting goal.

Current Collecting Goal: Finish Sega CD 143/147, then Complete a US Set of Saturn games.

Larger Goal: Complete US Library of all Sega Console Games.

I have discussed the blog, now time to tell you a little bit about myself and my collection. My name is Johnny, in most forums you will find me under the user name Timemaster11, but I really do just prefer Johnny. I am 32 years and I have been collecting video games for about 7 years. Collecting is more then just having a lot of games, I will discuss how I define a "collector" in my next post. My collection is over 2000 games and 100 systems. My favorite system of all time is the Super Nintendo, I don't have a favorite genre, if good games counts as a genre then that is my favorite. my favorite system to collect for currently is Sega CD. Favorite current gen games include Portal, Mario Galaxy, Bio Shock, Uncharted 2, Pac-Man CE, and Braid. Favorite Retro games, Castlevania SOTN, Shining Force Series, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Final Fantasy 2 SNES, Super Metroid, and Zelda..all of them.

Outside of video games I am a Basketball Coach, and love the game. I am married without children, though I am curious how that will affect my collecting, a college graduate with a BA in Communications, and a Masters Degree in Education. I play adult Kickball, if you haven't tried it you should.

That's the basic run down of this blog. I will try to update it when I get something good or believe I have something relevant to talk about.

Thanks for Reading
~Johnny~




1 comment:

  1. Your idea for a blog is great, I enjoy reading about others experiences in collecting.
    I'm also a collector, but i've restricted myself to a specific genre, the one I love the most.
    Looking forward to your next posts!

    ReplyDelete