Sunday, October 12, 2014

Games That Make You Think of Halloween Day 12: Alan Wake Xbox 360

Day 12: Alan Wake -Xbox 360




 Alan Wake was released for the Xbox 360 in May of 2010. The game was either delayed or took a long time to come out (I guess it could be both), because it was on my radar for a very long time. I was really looking forward to this game, but after putting about 2 hours into it I completely lost interested. I don't blame the game, I had a lot going on and just didn't feel like playing this style of game. In October 2012 I was looking for a game that wasn't your typical horror slog and Alan Wake was the easy choice. This time I finished it in under a week, and that includes the DLC. This game feels like: Twin Peaks, Stephen King, and the movie In The Mouth of Madness rolled into one delightful tale. Alan Wake is my favorite brand of horror, which is horror of the mind, the loss of sanity, and the ever present darkness. Some people want blood and guts, but give me stories that blur the line between sanity and insanity any day. Alan Wake is episodic thirller and well worth a play through if you haven't picked it up already. This game also has nice special edition in which the game case looks like a book.

~Johnny~

No comments:

Post a Comment