Monday, October 27, 2014

Games That Make You Think of Halloween Day 27: BioShock for Xbox 360

Day 27: BioShock for Xbox 360


BioShock originally started out as an Xbox 360 exclusive and was released in Aug 2007. The buzz around the game was pretty strong but I was playing something else so I just figured I'd wait and get to it eventually. After finishing The Mansion of Hidden Souls as my Halloween game  in the first week of October I wanted to play something a more modern so I pulled BioShock out of my pile of to be played games and gave it a whirl. That "whirl" would last 12 straight hours and eventually lead me into calling in sick from work because I hadn't slept and wanted to keep playing.

I didn't really know anything about BioShock when I started, and it was a great experience to go in without any preconceived notions about the game. If you have played the game you know the setting of the game is dark, eerie, and kind of haunted. I wasn't expecting a game that would make me think of Halloween but this game did. I can go on and on about how much I love this game, but if you have played it you probably already know. I can sum up how much I enjoy by showing you the following picture

Amazing Cosplay
BioShock is one of the few games for the 360 where I made it a goal to collect all the achievement. 100% in this game means multiple play throughs, which I did happily. BioShock is one of my favorite games of all time, and I only wish they has shown a little more care when they made BioShock 2 because it was a pretty big let down by comparison. I can probably never give BioShock 2 a fair review as I will always be holding it up against the original. BioShock Infinite I enjoyed a great deal, but that game doesn't make me think of Halloween at all and I wasn't looking to compare it to the first one. My only real knock against BioShock is the cover, I just don't like it. I like the special edition cover way better.


Would You Kindly?
~Johnny~

No comments:

Post a Comment