Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Games That Make You Think of Halloween Day 29: Parasite Eve for PS1

Day 29: Parasite Eve - PS1


Parasite Eve was released in September 1998 for the Playstation. At this point in time I had just joined the military and was getting ready to spend my first birthday away from my family and friends. Given my lonely state of mind I decided to fill the void with a new game. I went to the BX, think Target but on a Military Base, and decided to buy the first game that caught my eye.

Parasite Eve would be the lucky winner, as I was already a fan of SquareSoft and for some reason the game was rated M. I didn't know anything about this game when I bought it, so I was expecting an RPG more along the lines of Final Fantasy and was very surprised when this game went more the way of survival horror. This title is rated M, and features: exploding people, a race for sperm, a an opera, mutation, birth, dead sisters, purebreds, ultimate beings, and a hastily explained resolution.  All in all a solid Halloween title, that had a pretty good sound track, and a mood befitting a Halloween game.

How are your mitochondria?
~Johnny~

No comments:

Post a Comment