Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Games That Make You Think of Halloween Day 15: Rise of Nightmares Xbox 360 Kinect

Day 15: Rise of Nightmares Xbox 360 Kinect


Not every game on this list is associated with Halloween for positive reasons. I buy at least one game every October that makes me think of Halloween, but  Rise of Nightmares is is one of three games that I bought for the Halloween theme that really failed to deliver. I purchased this last year thinking that the Kinect might add something to  the Halloween experience, If frustration counts as an addition then I guess I achieved my goal. Rise of Nightmares has some promise, it starts out with a train ride in old Romania (something I have always wanted to do), a kidnapped wife, and strange companions, but soon the bad accents, worse controls, and boring game play take over.  Conceptually this is a good idea, but good ideas poorly executed are all the more sad. This game is sad, sad, sad. sad. Oh, and bad, bad, bad, bad. Bad Sad. Sad Bad, If the atmosphere and controls ever line up for this type of game it could be a real treat, I am rooting for this to happen on the Occulus Rift.

~Johnny~

No comments:

Post a Comment