Thursday, October 23, 2014

Games That Make You Think of Halloween Day 23: Splatterhouse for TurboGrafx 16

Day 23: Splatterhouse - TurboGrafx 16




My first encounter with Splatterhouse was at a friends house, well friend is too loose a term, kid I met on the street that days house.This kid was talking about how cool TG16 was and how the NES sucked and that he had this game Splatterhouse where you got to play as Jason from Friday the 13th. He went on describing the game and I was interested, what kid doesn't want to play as Jason, rather than be chased by Jason all game. I can't remember this kids name but I remember him playing Splatterhouse, and all the gore guts in the background. I was so ready, and I am just sitting their waiting for my turn when this kids mom gets home unexpectedly. Apparently he wasn't suppose to have anyone in the house when his parents weren't home and especially not some kid he just met on the street. I was tossed out, the kid was in trouble, and I wouldn't play Splatterhouse on the TG16 until 2008.

In 2008 for my Birthday I got a TG16 Express and the first game I purchased was Splatterhouse. I played through it in pretty much one sitting, thankfully I had the power adapter for the Express. Splatterhouse was orginally released in the arcades and was ported to the TG16 in 1990. The series has several sequels including 2 for the Sega Genesis. It's most recent release is simply called Splatterhouse and was a multi-platform title that appeared on the 360 and PS3 released in November 2010. I know I keep saying it, but the companies that pick these release days are doing a terrible job.

Splatterhouse has nothing to do with Friday the 13th
~Johnny~

No comments:

Post a Comment