Thursday, October 2, 2014

Games That Make You Think of Halloween Day 2: Castlevania for NES

Day 2: Castlevania - Nintendo (NES)



Released in September 1986 on the NES, Castlevania is not only a great Halloween game, it's one of the greatest Nintendo Games ever made and spawned one of Video Games most iconic series. I first played this game in the summer of 1986 (could have been 1987) at my cousins house. My first impression was seeing the box, and just as with Haunted House I was hooked. Castles, Vampires, Whips, and Blood, what more could and 8 year-old who loves Halloween ask for?  While I really liked Castlevania the thing I really enjoyed  was watching my cousin, who was much better at it, fight through each level of the castle and hopefully defeating Dracula, that is if we could get past the Grim Reaper. My cousin and I to this day still enjoy playing Castlevania together. I could go on and on about this series, but I promised to keep this short, plus we will be seeing more Castlevania on this list. You can find Castlevania on multiple systems, collections, portables, and it can be downloaded on the Wii U shop.

~Johnny~

P.S. I like the box art on this game so much that I use it as my twitter background.  https://twitter.com/Johnnyiucci

No comments:

Post a Comment